Yummy Chicken Soup

While trying to help my daughter with her lung infection, I started giving her chicken soup daily. Now as a kid, I remember I used to hate the word, mainly because it was nowhere near how chicken actually tasted, this watery broth was a rough deal, gulped down majorly due to my mom’s angry eyes fixed on me, making sure I lick that last drop. For my daughter, I developed my own recipe after reading somewhere that chicken, onion and garlic are awesome together. So my concoction might help you to dole out yummier soup
RECIPE:
2 pieces of chicken- about 3 inch pc each
1 badi elaichi (black cardamom)
Half tsp whole black peppers- crushed coarsely
1 stick of cinnamon- one inch
2 onions large and chopped
8-9 garlic pods
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Heat the pressure cooker, put the oil, add badi elaichi, crushed whole peppers, cinnamon. While the aroma comes out of the wonderful khadaa masala, put the garlic, lightly sauté all for half a minute and then put onion. After the onion is slightly golden in colour add chicken and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add salt as per taste. To this add 2 glasses of water. Pressure cook for 6-7 whistles or until you feel the chicken would have been nicely cooked. Strain and serve.
If you like green onion, which is widely available in winters, you may put finely chopped long green leaves of the onion for added flavor.

Comments

  1. oh! i've been looking for this recipe for so long! awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do let me know how it turned out.

      Delete
    2. i have everything with me here at home, except chicken. will tell you when i get it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Diary - I

Post work destress at home

Fitness Diary- IV