Regular day amidst corona!

I wake up to chilly winters sorrounded by chirping birds and clouds and mist. I havent seen such beauty and peace and quiet in a long long time. Duke insists on going out and i let him out in the backyard where he is gone for a moment and back the next, braving the cold. We make adrak tea and ponder on when exaclty we are going out for a walk. I keep delaying it. My old, lazy self. Duke is my 8 year old Terrier Lab furry friend. Next is seeing my daughter off to remote school in the room next to mine. Then me and Duke go for our long walk waving neighbours and fellow dog walkers out and about behind the anononimity of the mask. These long walks are those i detest the most before starting and love the most when on my way two blocks off my house. Gives me time to appreciate the natural beauty and helps me make to do lists and goals for the day. Menu for the day and salad combinations get done here! Alas, back at home with breakfast served, home cleaned and dishwasher loaded i grab my mat and catch my mandatory yoga. I was blessed with Diabetes two months back and i use the outdoors to do yoga on the green grass now. Cant tell how different it is doing yoga indoors than outdoors with fresh air and azure sky above you. I feel blessed and forget my concerns, worries and confusions in a jiffy. Off to assignments, preparation for exams and my world of MBA notes! I never knew i loved studying and research so much. Inspite of being a marketing person i chose it as a minor subject and took HR as my major. Its teaching me so much on the humane aspect of our businesses which is so undervalued! The sun is down in no time. These days we end up cooking and eating our lunch by evening 4. Does that happen to other homebounds also? Evenings are for walks in the neighbourhood with family, some Hot Coco, and lot of carrom and chess! If i find time i go to the garage and sit painting some old furniture in Annie Sloan chalk paint. Have done few makeovers of old teak pieces. Did not know it was so therapeutic to paint and breathe new life in old stuff! Maybe much like us humans feel so loved after a run or a spa or a trip to the manicurist, or just a quick loofah run or a head champi! Self care eh! Sometimes i catch some series on netflix or just sit by the fireplace talking to family. I loved The Queens Gambit and just finished Turn: The Washington Spies. But Most days i sleep early! Its been a crazy year and i am looking forward to the holiday season. What with Christmas, New year and Uttarayan all round the corner. Hope the next year is lovely for everyone. May it bring health, peace and wisdom to all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitness Diary - I

Post work destress at home

Fitness Diary- IV